Terms & Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions (“Reward Program Rules”, “Rules” or “terms and conditions”) between you (“you” or “your”) and Teacher’s Pet Educational Services Inc., or its subsidiaries, licensees and affiliates (collectively, “Tpet”, “we”, “our”, or “us”) describes the terms and conditions on which you may access and use the TPET Star Rewards program (“Reward Program”). These Reward Program Rules are subject to change at any time. By participating in the Reward Program in any way, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed to be bound by these Reward Program Rules.
PLEASE READ THESE RULES CAREFULLY. THESE RULES MAY HAVE CHANGED SINCE YOU LAST PARTICIPATED IN THE PROGRAM.
A. Purpose, Becoming a Member and General Terms and Conditions
- The purpose of the Reward Program is to reward and thank valuable customers in Canada for their loyalty to Tpet. The Reward Program allows customers to earn reward Bonus Points for making Tier Qualifying Bookings or Qualifying Referrals, that can be redeemed for discounts on Tpet programs in Canada, donations to select designated charities in Canada, or donations to fund tree planting in Canada. Bonus Points, Tier Qualifying Bookings and Qualifying Referrals are all defined below in part B of these Rules.
- If you are a teacher or other individual who has in the past booked and completed a Tpet in-school field trip program, then you are automatically enrolled as a member of the Reward Program. However, if you do not want to be a member of the Reward Program, then you can easily immediately terminate your membership (opt out) by going to www.tpet.ca , logging into your profile and checking the TPET Star Rewards Opt Out box, then clicking update. As well, if you have not been automatically enrolled as described above, you can enroll as a member of the Reward Program by creating a new account with Tpet by clicking on this link: https://bookings.tpet.ca/clients/register/ and following the indicated instructions.
- Whether you are newly enrolled in the Reward Program or were automatically enrolled and have chosen to remain a member, we thank you for being part of TPET Star Rewards. By not opting out of TPET Star Rewards or by creating a new account with Tpet that automatically includes enrolment into TPET Star Rewards, or by gaining access to and using this site, you agree to be bound by these Reward Program Rules. Tpet reserves the right to revise or change the Reward Program Rules at any time and without notice to you by posting updated text on this site. You are responsible for periodically visiting this site to view any changes. By your continued participation in the Reward Program, you are deemed to accept any change or update to the Reward Program Rules.
- Tier Qualifying Bookings – Tier Qualifying Bookings means the Bookings made in your name and completed in your classroom during your Qualifying Year . Part J below explains the importance of Tier Qualifying Bookings.
For greater certainty, Tier Qualifying Bookings does not include Bookings booked by you but provided to a class of students for which you are not their primary responsible teacher. For further clarity, Tier Qualifying Bookings also does not include program bookings that are provided on a gratuitous basis, such as pilot programs. For details on tiers, earn rates, and associated benefits available to members upon achieving certain levels of Tier Qualifying Bookings, see https://www.tpet.ca/star-rewards/.
- Bookings – a Booking means booking with Tpet any of the following types of Tpet In School Field Trip program offerings:
(i) in-person Field Trips (with a Tpet presenter physically in your classroom);
(ii) Field Trips on Demand (without a Tpet presenter);
(iii) Video Conference Field Trips (with a Tpet presenter video-conferenced to your class).
- Qualifying Year – Tier Qualifying Bookings are accumulated on an annual basis, from July 1 to June 30 of each year. If you were automatically enrolled at the start of the Reward Program on September 1, 2022 (see part A.2 above), then your first Qualifying Year was July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022. If you have newly enrolled in the Reward Program, then your first Qualifying Year will begin on the date that you enroll and end on the first June 30 thereafter. Each subsequent Qualifying Year will be the next July 1 to June 30 period. For example, if you enroll on March 15, 2023, your first Qualifying Year will be from March 15, 2023 until June 30, 2023. In subsequent Qualifying Years, your Tier Qualifying Bookings will accumulate from July 1 to June 30.
- Qualifying Referral – a Qualifying Referral occurs when you refer another teacher or other individual to Tpet, where:
(i) that other teacher or individual makes a Tier Qualifying Booking for their own classroom or students, and the program for that Tier Qualifying Booking is completed; and
(ii) that other teacher or individual has never previously booked a Tpet program, as determined by Tpet’s review of its records.
- Bonus Points – Bonus Points are the “currency” of the Reward Program. Your Bonus Points will from time to time be categorized as Pending Points or Confirmed Points, or some combination of each category – see 6 below. Bonus Points are earned by you making Tier Qualifying Bookings and by you making Qualifying Referrals. The Rules regarding earning Bonus Points are described in part F below. Bonus Points can be redeemed, at your option, for discounts on future Bookings, for charitable donations, or to fund tree planting. The Rules regarding redeeming Bonus Points are described in part K below.
- Pending Points, Confirmed Points and Redeemed Points – Pending Points is the status given to Bonus Points that do not yet have the status of Confirmed Points. When you make a Booking, the Bonus Points ascribed to you for that Booking are initially Pending Points, and when that Booking becomes a Tier Qualifying Booking (i.e. the program for that Booking is completed), then at that time those Bonus Points for that Booking are converted from your Pending Points to your Confirmed Points. Likewise, if you make a referral and the referred teacher makes their first Booking, the Bonus Points ascribed to you are initially Pending Points, and when that referral becomes a Qualifying Referral (i.e. the program for the referred teacher’s first Booking is completed), then at that time those Bonus Points for that referral are converted from your Pending Points to your Confirmed Points. Confirmed Points that are redeemed become Redeemed Points when that redemption is completed. Redeemed Points cannot be redeemed again. Redeemed Points are no longer Bonus Points, and are shown in your account for information purposes only.
- Charitable Contribution – Charitable Contribution means a charitable contribution of $25.00 to any one of the Specified Charities, accomplished by redeeming 100 Bonus Points (see part K below).
- Specified Charity – Specified Charity means any of the registered charities (registered as a charity with Canada Revenue Agency) listed under the Charities section on the Reward Program website https://www.tpet.ca/star-rewards/, at the time that you are redeeming your Bonus Points for a Charitable Contribution. Tpet may change such listed charities from time to time.
- Tree Planting Contribution – Tree Planting Contribution means a contribution of $25.00 to Tree Canada or such other similar organization as Tpet may designate on the Reward Program website from time to time, accomplished by redeeming 100 Bonus Points (see part K below).
- Tier Benefits – Tier Benefits are privileges or benefits made available to a member based upon their tier, as a result of achieving certain levels of Tier Qualifying Bookings in the Reward Program – see part J below. For specifics as to privileges and benefits, please refer to the Rewards Chart on the Rewards Program website.
- Business day – business days are any days except for and excluding Saturdays, Sundays or any statutory holiday in the Province of Alberta.
C. Some Specifics Related to Membership
- Membership in TPET Star Rewards is limited to natural persons and no corporation, trust, partnership, household, animal or other entity may hold membership in the Reward Program.
- Becoming a member or opting out of membership is described in part A above.
- Your account is specific to you and is connected to your email address.
- Tpet may request legal documentation or other evidence for any name change on your account.
- You must have a valid email address to create an account. The primary method of communication from Tpet to you will be via email.
- Upon creation of an account, you will be automatically opted in to receive TPET Star Rewards account updates, which includes account statements, notification of awards and benefits you’ve earned, or Reward Program updates (collectively, “Account Updates”).
- If you are an agent who is creating an account for an individual, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to act as an agent for the individual.
- Tpet will not issue membership cards or membership numbers.
- If there is any change in your email address, you must advise Tpet immediately or update your account online at www.Tpet.ca. If you are a teacher, you must advise Tpet immediately of any change in which school(s) you are working at or update your account online at www.Tpet.ca.
- Upon receiving notice or becoming aware of the death of a TPET Star Rewards member who has accumulated Bonus Points in TPET Star Rewards, Tpet will terminate the membership, the account will be closed and the Bonus Points in the TPET Star Rewards member’s account will be forfeited. A copy of the death certificate and proof of executor or administrator, satisfactory to Tpet, may be required. Bonus Points in the deceased TPET Star Rewards member’s account will automatically be cancelled and may not subsequently be redeemed, consolidated, converted, exchanged, combined or transferred.
- Bonus Points cannot and will not be exchanged for cash.
- Bonus Points are not divisible in case of separation or divorce.
- TPET Star Rewards membership is granted in Tpet’s sole discretion, and may be withdrawn in Tpet’s sole discretion with or without notification.
- If, in Tpet’s sole opinion, you abuse any TPET Star Rewards privileges, fail to follow any of its terms and conditions or make any misrepresentation to Tpet, Tpet may, in its sole discretion, revoke any or all of the Bonus Points in your account and/or revoke your membership in TPET Star Rewards, with or without notification.
- Tpet will not be liable or responsible in any manner for any tax consequences which may flow from participation in TPET Star Rewards. You will be solely responsible for the reporting of any income tax benefits and the payment of any taxes.
- Account information will only be given to the account holder, the parent or guardian of record in the case of a minor, or a person designated by you in writing as defined earlier or pursuant to a court order or request from a government agency holding legislative power to compel such disclosure.
E. Account Activity
- Bonus Points in an account belong to the account holder and not to the person or company who paid for the transaction giving rise to the Bonus Points.
- Electronic account statements will be issued and sent to your email address on record, unless you opt out of receiving Account Updates. The frequency of issuance of such statements may be dependent on your individual level of activity in TPET Star Rewards.
- Your account will remain active if you accrue Bonus Points or redeem Bonus Points within the preceding 24-month period. If your account is not active, Tpet may, at its discretion, deactivate your account. In addition, Tpet may deactivate any account that has had fraudulent activity. If an account is deactivated, all Bonus Points within the account will expire.
- Each year, you may receive an email asking you to validate your account unless you have opted out of Account Updates. You must take the steps outlined in the notice to ensure that your account is validated and that you continue to receive correspondence from Tpet regarding your account. If you opt out of Account Updates, you will be responsible to ensure your account remains validated on an annual basis.
- If there is any discrepancy between account statements, Tpet booking system or any other source, TPET Star Rewards records are final, conclusive and binding.
F. Earning Bonus Points
- Subject to all conditions in these Reward Program Rules, Bonus Points may be earned by (1) making a Tier Qualifying Booking; or (2) making a Qualifying Referral. The number of Bonus Points earned varies depending on your current Tier in the Rewards Program at the time those Bonus Points are initially earned. Please refer to the current TPET Star Rewards chart at https://www.tpet.ca/star-rewards/ for more details.
- Bonus Points earned from a Tier Qualifying Booking are initially categorized as Pending Points when you first make the Booking with Tpet. When the field trip program for that Booking is actually completed and thereby becomes a Tier Qualifying Booking, then within 3 business days thereafter those Bonus Points convert from Pending Points to Confirmed Points.
- Bonus Points earned from a Qualifying Referral are initially categorized as Pending Points when the teacher or individual to whom you referred Tpet first makes their own Booking. When the field trip program for that Booking is actually completed and thereby becomes a Tier Qualifying Booking, then within 3 business days thereafter your Bonus Points for that referral convert from Pending Points to Confirmed Points.
- Bonus Points will be banked to your member account, and will at any time be categorized as Pending Points or Confirmed Points (see 1 to 3 above). See https://www.tpet.ca/star-rewards/ for details regarding Bonus Points earning and redemption. Once Confirmed Points are redeemed, they appear in your account as Redeemed Points and at that point are no longer Bonus Points.
- Bonus Points are maintained with Canadian equivalent currency, at 1 Bonus Point equal to $0.25. However, Bonus Points (Confirmed Points) can only be redeemed for rewards as outlined in part K below.
- Once Bonus Points are accumulated in your account, as described above, they are available to be used until such time as they expire as described in these Rules. Unredeemed Bonus Points do not otherwise expire.
- You may also earn Bonus Points through other offers, promotions or incentives that may be offered by Tpet from time to time. Tpet reserves the right to make offers on specific dates, and to modify such offers, at its sole discretion.
- Tpet may change the basis on which Bonus Points are awarded (including the rates at which Tier Qualifying Bookings and Qualifying Referrals are accumulated and Bonus Points are earned) at any time, with or without notice, in Tpet’s sole discretion.
- Please allow 3 business days from transaction completion for Bonus Points to be posted to your account.
- Bonus Points have no cash value, and are not exchangeable for cash.
G. Tier Qualifying Bookings and Qualifying Referrals
- Tier Qualifying Bookings will be accumulated to the TPET Star Rewards member who made the Booking for their own students, once the field trip for that Booking has been completed. Bookings made by a member for another teacher’s classroom do not count as Tier Qualifying Bookings.
- Qualifying Referrals will be accumulated to the TPET Star Rewards member who made the referral to another individual who makes a Booking, once the field trip program for that other individual’s first Booking has been completed. That other individual, if they are a TPET Star Rewards member will have their first Booking count towards their own Tier Qualifying Bookings in accordance with these Rules.
- Combining Tier Qualifying Bookings and/or Qualifying Referrals between two or more different TPET Star Rewards members is not allowed. Your account will only hold the Tier Qualifying Bookings and Qualifying Referrals associated to your individual activity.
- Tier Qualifying Bookings, Qualifying Referrals and Bonus Points belong to the account holder and not to the person, school, association or company who paid for the transaction giving rise to the Tier Qualifying Bookings, Qualifying Referrals or Bonus Points.
- Tpet may also offer incentives based on accumulated Tier Qualifying Bookings and/or Qualifying Referrals in a Qualifying Year. Please visit https://www.tpet.ca/star-rewards/ to find out more about the specific incentives and corresponding Tier Qualifying Bookings and/or Tier Qualifying Referrals milestones required to obtain each incentive. Tpet reserves the right to change the available incentives, reward levels and milestones at any time with or without notice.
- Specific details regarding Tier Qualifying Bookings and Qualifying Referrals, the specific conditions for accumulating Tier Qualifying Bookings and Qualifying Referrals, reward levels and milestones are available at https://www.tpet.ca/star-rewards/.
- Individual rewards issued by the Reward Program, which include Bonus Points, are personal and cannot be assigned, sold, traded, willed or otherwise transferred except in accordance with these Rules. Any assignment or transfer in violation of these Rules will be void and may, at the discretion of Tpet result in the loss of membership in TPET Star Rewards or the cancellation of any Tpet rewards.
- Tpet has the right from time to time to transfer or assign all of its interest in the Rewards Program, to such party as it determines, in its sole discretion.
I. Bonus Points Expiry
- Each Bonus Point expires on the fifth (5th) anniversary of the date that Bonus Point was credited to your account, unless such Bonus Point was redeemed prior to that fifth (5th) anniversary. Bonus Points will be maintained in the member’s account and may be redeemed at any time before their expiry, in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- The Reward Program has each member assigned a tier. In ascending order, the tiers are Green Star, Blue Star, Silver Star, and Gold Star. During each Qualifying Year, you are assigned to the appropriate tier based on the number of Tier Qualifying Bookings you had obtained in the immediately preceding Qualifying Year. Your tier is assigned to you by Tpet at the start of your Qualifying Year, and will maintained for you during that Qualifying Year regardless of how many Bookings or Tier Qualifying Bookings you have during that Qualifying Year. The number of Tier Qualifying Bookings will only affect your tier assignment for the next Qualifying Year. For the purpose of determining your tier, only Tier Qualifying Bookings for the last Qualifying Year count – Tier Qualifying Bookings do not accumulate from one Qualifying Year to another.
- See the Rewards Chart at https://www.tpet.ca/star-rewards/ as to how the number of Tier Qualifying Bookings you have in one Qualifying Year determines your tier for the next Qualifying Year. You can move up one or more tiers from one Qualifying Year to the next, or down one or more tiers from one Qualifying Year to the next, all in accordance with the Rewards Chart.
- Tpet’s assignment of your tier for each Qualifying Year in accordance with these Rules shall be final and binding.
- Tpet may from time to time, in its sole discretion, ascribe specific Tier Benefits to the members of each Tier. Tpet may from time to time change such specific Tier Benefits ascribed to any Tier(s), in Tpet’s sole discretion.
K. Redemption of Bonus Points
- Subject to 2 and 3 below, you may, at your election, redeem Confirmed Points in whole amounts accumulated in your account at the time of your redemption: (i) as a discount against the price of one of your own future Bookings; (ii) as a Charitable Contribution to one of the Specified Charities in accordance with 3 below; or (iii) as a Tree Planting Contribution in accordance with 4 below. Unless otherwise specified by Tpet, Bonus Points cannot be redeemed toward taxes, charges or other fees. For clarity, Pending Points cannot at any time be redeemed. Only Confirmed Points may be redeemed in accordance with these Rules.
- The following redemption rules apply : (1) for any redemption for a discount on a future Booking as described in 1(i) above, the redemption amount must be either, at your election, 100 Bonus Points ($25.00) or 200 Bonus Points ($50.00). (2) For any redemption as described in either 1(ii) or 1(iii) above, the redemption must be for 100 Bonus Points ($25.00). 100 Confirmed Points is equivalent to a $25.00 discount on one future Booking, one $25.00 Charitable Contribution, or one $25.00 Tree Planting Contribution.
For example, if you have 400 Confirmed Points and are redeeming all 400 Confirmed Points, you can obtain (i) a $50.00 discount on one new Booking, and make one $25.00 Charitable Contribution and one $25.00 Tree Planting Contribution; OR (ii) a $25.00 discount on one new Booking, and make two $25.00 Charitable Contributions and a$25.00 Tree Planting Contribution; OR (iii) make 4 $25.00 Charitable Contributions. You cannot, for example, redeem 300 Confirmed Points to obtain a $75.00 discount on a new Booking.
- If you are electing to redeem Bonus Points by making a Charitable Contribution, then the corresponding amount (in Canadian dollars) as described in 2 above will be paid by Tpet to the Specified Charity you selected, in Tpet’s name. Such payment will be made by Tpet at such time as Tpet determines so as to allow Tpet to coordinate your Charitable Contribution with other Charitable Contributions made as a result of the Reward Program. You will not receive a charitable donation receipt for your Charitable Contribution. Tpet may, in its sole discretion, obtain a charitable donation receipt for your Charitable Contribution. You agree that you hereby irrevocably assign to Tpet any and all rights to receive any and all such Charitable Contribution receipts arising from time to time.
- If you are electing to redeem Bonus Points by making a Tree Planting Contribution, then the corresponding amount (in Canadian dollars) as described in 2 above will be paid by Tpet to Tree Canada or similar organization (see part B above), in Tpet’s name. Such payment will be made by Tpet at such time as Tpet determines so as to allow Tpet to coordinate your Tree Planting Contribution with other Tree Planting Contributions made as a result of the Reward Program. You will not receive a charitable donation receipt for your Tree Planting Contribution. Tpet may, in its sole discretion, obtain a charitable donation receipt for your Tree Planting Contribution if available. You agree that you hereby irrevocably assign to Tpet any and all rights to receive any and all such Tree Planting Contribution receipts arising from time to time.
- Bonus Points must be redeemed through one of the following channels: (i) through your account on www.tpet.ca, (ii) by e-mailing Tpet at email@example.com, or (iii) by phoning Tpet at 1-888-634-8738 or (780) 434 8224.
- Changes to Bookings towards which Bonus Points were applied are permitted, subject to Tpet’s standard change policy.
- Cancellations to Bookings toward which Bonus Points were applied are permitted, as per Tpet’s standard cancellation policy and standard cancellation fees will apply. The Confirmed Points amount redeemed towards that cancelled Booking will be reinstated to your account as Confirmed Points within 3 business days of the cancellation. The original expiration date associated with those Bonus Points will continue to apply.
L. Program Changes and Termination
- Tpet may, in its sole discretion, terminate TPET Star Rewards at any time. Termination of TPET Star Rewards will be made by providing thirty (30) days’ notice. Upon termination, all Bonus Points whether Pending Points or Confirmed Points are forfeited and deemed to be null and void, without any compensation to you as a member.
- Tpet may, in its sole discretion, restrict, suspend, amend, extend or otherwise alter TPET Star Rewards or certain aspects of TPET Star Rewards, with or without notice, and without any compensation to you as a member.
- Where notice is given pursuant to any section of these terms and conditions, it will be via email notification and/or a notice posted on the Tpet website (found at www.Tpet.ca). Notwithstanding the foregoing, publication of the current terms and conditions on the website shall be deemed notice of such terms and conditions.
- All decisions regarding the interpretation of these terms and conditions and the administration of TPET Star Rewards, and any disputes arising therefrom, shall be resolved by Tpet in its sole discretion.
M. Limitation of Liability
- Tpet assumes no liability to you whatsoever, including without limitation, liability by reason of the termination of or amendment to TPET Star Rewards in whole or in part, limitations on the use of Bonus Points or any change to reward levels.
- Without limiting anything in part L, in no event shall Tpet’s liability with respect to TPET Star Rewards, including liability for negligence or breach of contract, be greater than the Bonus Points accumulated to your account at the time the dispute arose.
- Any waiver by Tpet of the strict observance, performance or compliance of these terms and conditions and any extension of time or other indulgence granted by Tpet, either expressly or by course of conduct, shall not alter, affect or prejudice any of Tpet’s rights or remedies and shall be effective only in the specific instance and for the purpose for which it was given and shall be deemed not to be a waiver of any of Tpet’s rights and remedies arising in respect of any other breach of these terms and conditions. No delay or omission by Tpet in exercising any right or remedy hereunder shall operate as a waiver of that or any other right or remedy.
O. Governing Law
- TPET Star Rewards shall be governed by the laws of the province of Alberta and the laws of Canada applicable therein. Any disputes regarding TPET Star Rewards or in any way arising out of membership in TPET Star Rewards shall be submitted to the courts of Alberta whose courts shall have jurisdiction to hear such disputes.
- Bonus Points and special offers are subject to applicable government regulations and are void where prohibited by law.
P. Acceptance of Terms and Conditions